Sajjappa - Aasvaada Food Catering Service in Bangalore
- Oil for frying and also to grease the dough.
- 1 Cup Fine Semolina
- ½ Cup of Maida /All purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp of Ghee
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder if u prefer sajjappa to look yellow (Optional)
- Salt according to taste.
- Water as needed.
For the Filling:
- 2 Cups of Grated fresh Coconut
- 2 Cups of Jaggery
- ¼ Cup Upma Rawa (Soji)
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- ½ tbsp Elaichi
Method of Preparation:
- Mix Semolina,All Purpose Flour, Salt, Ghee and Little Water. Mix well to a soft Dough. Smear Oil over the Dough and keep it aside for about an hour or two.
Grated Coconut Stuffing Procedure:
- Heat Ghee and add Rawa (Soji) and roast it. Add the grated coconut and stir for a while. Add jaggery and let it get dissolved and later mix it with the Grated Coconut. Roast the poppy Seeds and also add this to the mixture. Add Cardamom powder and mix well. Keep stirring and cook until the mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat and let it cool. Make small balls out of it in the shape of a ladoo.
For the Sajjappa:
- Divide the Rawa – Maida Dough into ladoo sized balls . Flatten each into a circle,Place one ball of the filling ie the mixture of coconut grated in the middle and close it with the dough. Flatten each one of them and deep fry till their turn brown. Relish the dish hot